Sunday, March 1, 2009

EDUC 6710 Reflection

This course has taught me a lot about new technologies to use in the classroom. Before this class, I thought the only reasons for students to use computers were to use the internet, power point, word, or excel. I never thought of using a blog, pod cast, or Wiki as a classroom tool. Now that I know how to use all of these things I will start to incorporate these Web 2.0 skills into my social studies classes.
With my ability to create lessons using Web 2.0 technologies, I will be able to let the students learn on their own and use me as a helper. I will no longer tell them what they need to know, but instead will give them the opportunity to figure out what they need to know. I have always grown up in teacher-centered classrooms and have known little about learner-centered classrooms, but this class has taught me the difference. It is my goal from this point forward to incorporate more learner-centered activities in the classroom. I want to change the process of my class from being a teacher-centered class to a learner-centered class. This will take me a couple years to completely change my lessons and activities, but I am willing to do that to ensure that my students learn and are engaged in my class.
I am definitely committed to expanding my knowledge of technology use in the classroom because I chose Integrating Technology into the Classroom as my Master’s degree. One reason it has taken me 4 years to start my Master’s degree is I could not find a degree that I was interested in. This was the only degree that interested me and I looked at many different degrees. With every new technology available, I wanted not only to be able to use them efficiently, but I also want to be able to use them in the classroom. A few of my goals dealing with technology over the next couple years are to help my fellow social studies teachers incorporate Web 2.0 into the classroom and to totally change my lesson plans from teacher-centered activities to learner-centered activities. With my continued education and hard work, I believe I can achieve these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment